Some people will decide that the weight loss surgery they have thought about having for some time cannot be delayed any longer.
Time is moving on and tried and tested weight loss techniques, dieting and exercise, only go so far. Weight goes back on and you find you are back to square one in no time.
If that applies to you, and this sounds familiar, you ,ay have recently booked, or are thinking abour bookg a weight loss consultation.
It’s vital for both you and us that you get to know the process that we follow before booking a procedure for you. So, you decide to book a consultation – here’s what happens.
- Conversation with our Patient Care Team – On this call, we’ll take your medical history and explore your reasons for wanting surgery and will explain what it takes to be successful. We’ll provide information on all of the procedures that are relevant to you and explain the pros and cons. You’ll build a relationship with your Patient Care Coordinator and they will be your contact person throughout your pre-operative journey.
- Face to Face surgeon consultation – This appointment is when our surgeon will discuss your medical history and the surgical options available to you. The surgeon will point out the pros and cons of each procedure and will explain the implications of the procedure for you personally. It’s also a great time to get your questions answered.
- Hospital pre-assessment appointment – At this appointment, we complete pre-operative screening. Its usually a short appointment and we follow it up with a call from the Healthier Weight nursing team to make sure you are ready to go ahead and have all of the practical information you need ahead of your hospital visit/stay.
- Internal review – We call this MDT (multi-disciplinary team) review. It involves our reviewing your case internally to confirm your eligibility. This is a good practice to ensure you are ready to proceed.
- Surgery – You’ll be shown to your private room and there you’ll meet the anaesthetist and the surgeon before your surgery.
January is a great time of year to start your weight loss journey and most patients can expect to be a long way towards their target weight by the summer. In order to be ready for surgery in January, you’ll need to have your surgeon consultation in December or early in January.
If you are thinking about surgery in January contact us now to book your free, no-obligation consultation before Christmas.