Craving a sweet treat to beat the heat? Our talented nutritionist is here to share her top 5 recipes to make the best summer snacks! The best bit is that they are all 100 calories or less!
Cool your self down with these refreshing lollies
Directions1.Add raspberries, half of the honey and half of the yoghurt to a food processor, or blender and whizz until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve.
2. Rinse out the blender/food processor. Add the peaches, lemon zest, and the rest of the honey and yoghurt and whizz until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve.
3. Pour a third of the raspberry mixture into 3 popsicle moulds and a third of the peach mixture into 3 popsicle moulds. Freeze until set.
4. Add a second different-flavoured layer to each mould to create stripes, freeze until set.
5. Repeat with remaining fruit mixtures. Add the lolly sticks and freeze overnight
Treat your taste buds to this blend of smooth frozen yoghurt and berries
Directions1.Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend for about 20 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
2. Add extra berries to garnish
Perfect for when you're on the go
Directions1.In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, ginger, and salt. Pour in the melted butter and stir until it forms clumps and the dry ingredients are fully moistened. Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumble mixture, then press the rest into a layer across the bottom of a baking pan
2. Garnish with half of the strawberries , corn-starch, lemon juice and 1/2 tbs of sugar. Use the remaining reserved crumbles evenly across the top.
3. Bake in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes, until the top looks golden.
4. Wait for the bars to cool down. Start preparing the vanilla glaze (if you are having it). Whisk all of the ingredients together in in a bowl until smooth.
5. Drizzle the glaze, slice and enjoy!
Sink your teeth into this fabulous creation
Directions1.Combine all of the ingredients (except the ice cream) and place into microwave for 2 minutes.
2. Scoop the mixture into small balls and place into baking tray.
3. Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. When the macaroons are cool, cut in half, grab a scoop of ice cream and enjoy
The ultimate summer medley
Directions1. Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle (to fit a baking tray)
2. Cover the pastry with strawberries. Then sprinkle on the raspberry & blueberries.
3. Place into oven for 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees
4. Slice & serve