Reading Time: 2 minutes November is a time when your life shifts to cosy moments, savouring hot drinks with your favourite films on. For obese patients who have undergone
The Best Gastric Sleeve Surgeons
Gastric sleeve surgery is a simple yet effective procedure and, it is quickly becoming the most popular form of weight loss surgery due to the excellent results.
The gastric sleeve surgeon will remove around 80% of the stomach, leaving a much smaller stomach in the shape of a sleeve. Resulting in patients feeling fuller quicker and less hungry.
Who Are The Best Gastric Sleeve Surgeons in the UK?
At healthier weight, we only work with the best gastric sleeve surgeons. All of our surgeons are GMC and NHS registered. With lists of achievements and qualifications under their belts, we can confidently state that each of our gastric sleeve surgeons is among the best in the UK.
We want you to meet all of our expert gastric sleeve surgeons, so, in no particular order lets introduce the Healthier Weight gastric sleeve surgeons.
1. Professor Rishi Singhal
Professor Singhal is our medical director and world-renowned bariatric surgeon.
- He has performed over 2000 gastric sleeves.
- Over 100 publications
- Has now performed the largest number of revisional bariatric procedures in the UK
2. Mr Kamal Mahawar
Mr Mahawar Leads the Tier 3 services at Sunderland Royal Hospital, which has consistently been one of the highest volume bariatric surgery centres in the UK for over a decade now
- Founder and Chief Coordinator of the global society for Upper GI Surgery.
- Over 125 publications
- On the Council of the British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS) and chairs its Patient Safety Committee
3. Mr Brij Madhok
Mr Madhok operates out of our Pines hospital in Manchester. With 13 years of experience in upper GI surgery.
- Awarded Doctor of Medicine (MD) by the University of Leeds for his work in cancer research
- Member of British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society
- Honorary (Consultant) Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, University of Nottingham
4. Mr Markos Daskalakis
Mr Daskalasis is operating out of Spire Parkway Hospital, Birmingham he is specially trained in gastric bypass and gastric sleeve surgery.
- Became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 2016
- He has published pioneer research regarding action mechanisms of Sleeve gastrectomy.
- Trained in laparoscopic and bariatric surgery in Frankfurt, Germany; Centre of Excellence for bariatric surgery under Prof. R. Weiner
5. Mr Javed Sultan
Mr Sultan has been a consultant in bariatrics for 8. He operates out of Ramsay Oaklands in Manchester
- Nominated for Medical Sciences Doctoral Thesis Prize
- Developed regional gastric-cancer centre in Guildford, Surrey
- Awarded the Association of Surgeons Gold Medal
6. Mr Midhat Siddiqui
Mr Siddiui well a recognised trainer in advanced laparoscopic surgery.
- Completed over 3,000 laparoscopic procedures
- A well-respected educator in keyhole surgery
- Featured in Tatler’s guide as one of the leading specialists in his field of private practice
7. Mr Jamie Kelly
Mr Jamie Kelly is a pioneer of bariatric surgery, with his technique of the ESG (non-surgical sleeve)
- 2 year surgical fellowship in Australia followed by extensive obesity surgery training in the UK and abroad
- Member of the Medical Advisory Committee for Spire Southampton Hospital.
8. Mr Jeremy Hayden
Mr Hayden’s clinical expertise includes gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy gastric bypass, and stomach cancer surgery.
- Graduated in 1993
- Completed Higher Surgical Training in Yorkshire with specialist periods of training in Australia
9. Mr Samir Mehta
Mr Mehta is a consultant surgeon who trained and qualified in Oxford. Mr Mehta set up a clinical trial looking at fatty acids in the genesis of oesophageal cancer. This led to a Doctor of Medicine degree from Oxford University.
- Became fellow of Royal College of Surgeons in 2007
- Spent a year at the Cambridge Oesophago-gastric centre
- Won prestigious national surgical fellowship in Oesophago-gastric, bariatric and thoracic surgery in Southampton.
10. Mr Periyathambi Jambulingam
Now with extensive bariatric surgery training and experience, Mr Jambulingam has been the Consultant General Surgeon (with special interest in upper GI/laparoscopic surgery) at Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Trust since 2007.
- Member of the British Obesity & Metabolic Surgical Society (BOMSS)
- Member of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Member of British Obesity Surgery Patient Association (BOSPA)
11. Mr John Loy
Mr Loy regularly appears in the media regarding weight loss surgery and is involved in training and assessing surgical doctors to perform bariatric surgery.
- Higher surgical training in Severn Deanery, specialising in upper GI and bariatric surgery
- Expert laparoscopic bariatric training in Bristol, Gloucester, Truro and Taunton as a specialist registrar
- Consolidated training through a Royal College of Surgeons fellowship in the Southwest Bariatric Surgery Centre of Excellence in Taunton
12. Mr Manel Riera
Mr Riera is a Bariatric Surgeon specialising in weight loss procedure and metabolic surgery.
- Graduated in 1994
- Completed Higher Surgical Training in the East of England and was awarded an MD by the University of Liverpool, for research into the mechanisms of peritoneal metastasis from gastric cancer
- Sub-specialised in weight loss surgery in Luton and Dunstable and worked as a Consultant at Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton, a Centre of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery
13. Professor Majid Ali
Prof. Majid is an experienced General and Upper GI laparoscopic and endoscopic surgeon with special interest in the surgical treatment of severe and complicated obesity.
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
- Severe and Complicated Obesity Treatment Service
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- Medical Defence Union
If you are interested in a gastric procedure such as the gastric band, gastric sleeve, gastric bypass or ESG. You can contact our expert team today and book a free consult with one of our weight loss surgeons.
Share This Post
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get updates and learn from the best
More To Explore
Reading Time: 2 minutes Bariatric surgery is a life-changing step towards achieving a healthier body and a healthier lifestyle. Whilst it does offer a physical transformation, it’s crucial to