Professor Carel Le Roux MBChB, MSc, MRCP, FRCPath, PhD
Professor Carel le Roux has recently joined our team as Consultant Metabolic Physician at our new clinic in Dublin.
- Graduated from medical school at the University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Awarded his PhD in 2005 from Imperial College London
- Management of diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Management of obesity
- Cardiovascular risk
- General metabolic disorders
- Member of the Association for the Study of Obesity and the Nutrition Society.
- He has been published extensively and currently holds a number of editorial roles for journals in his field including, Clinical Obesity and Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases.
- Prof le Roux is an expert in metabolic medicine and is currently a Professor of Experimental Pathology, University College Dublin. He is recognised as a world leader in metabolism and obesity.