Have you had your gastric sleeve or bypass done with another provider?
If you’ve chosen to have your gastric sleeve or bypass surgery elsewhere, particularly in another country, you may be feeling concerned or anxious about whether you may have complications or unexpected symptoms when you come home.
That’s why we created our Bariatric Health Check service, to provide you with the same high standard aftercare and reassurance that we offer to our surgery patients.
- We will arrange for a comprehensive blood test to check for any deficiencies following your procedure
- You will undergo a barium swallow x-ray (to be performed in Birmingham) to assess the success of your procedure
- You will receive a Telephone/Virtual consultation with a senior bariatric surgeon to review your test results
- You will receive follow up calls with the Healthier Weight patient support team /nutritionist for the following 3 months after your surgeon review (1 x call per month).
- We will provide a GP letter informing your GP of the XRAY findings and any further action that is required
- Your case will be reviewed at our MDT chaired by the Healthier Weight Medical Director Professor Singhal
- A 15 min diet and nutrition appointment with our in house Bariatric Dietician