Timeline and qualifications
- MD, PhD in medicine.
- Became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 2016.
- Trained in laparoscopic and bariatric surgery in the surgical department of the Krankenhaus Sachsenhausen Frankfurt, Germany; Centre of Excellence for bariatric surgery under Prof. R. Weiner.
- He developed skills in laparoscopic and bariatric surgery as senior Clinical Fellow in the Upper GI Unit at Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham.
- He has published pioneer research regarding action mechanisms of Sleeve gastrectomy.
- His main interests include laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic hiatal (anti-reflux) surgery, laparoscopic groin hernia repair and bariatric surgery.
Memberships and current positions
- General and Upper GI Consultant Surgeon at Heartlands Hospital, part of the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS FT, since November 2015.
- Fellow of the Royal college of Surgeons since 2016.
- Member of IFSO (international Federation for surgery of Obesity and metabolic Disorders) since 2006.
- Member of AUGIS/BOMSS
Videos featuring Mr Daskalakis
Book a consult
Book a consultation with Mr Markos Daskalakis