After completing his higher surgical training in the West Midlands at University Hospitals in North Staffordshire, Coventry and Birmingham, Mr Jambulingam spent a year in the Liver Transplantation Unit at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham. In 2004, he passed the intercollegiate specialty examination and attained the CCST. He subsequently completed a fellowship in OesophagoGastric and advanced laparoscopic surgery at University Hospitals Birmingham.
He currently works with Healthier Weight as a Consultant Bariatric Surgeon with a special interest in Upper GI/ laparoscopic and weight loss surgery in a specialist team at Watford Spire Bushey and The Dolan Park Hospital.
He also works as a Consultant General Surgeon at the Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Trust since July 2007. His NHS practice is a reflection of his subspecialty training in minimally invasive surgery. His practice includes general surgery, benign and malignant GI surgery, advanced laparoscopic surgery, hepatobiliary and weight loss surgery.
Areas of interest
Mr Jambulingam performs a range of laparoscopic bariatric procedures including the gastric balloon, band, bypass, sleeve and revisional surgery. He also has a special interest in oesophago-gastric surgery which includes the management of acid reflux disease in the form of laparoscopic hiatus hernia repair.
Memberships and current positions
- Consultant GI / Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgeon at the Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Member of the British Obesity & Metabolic Surgical Society (BOMSS)
- Member of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Member of British Obesity Surgery Patient Association (BOSPA)
- Association of Surgeons of India (AUGIS)
- Faculty of Surgical Trainers (Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh)
Book a consultation with Mr Periyathambi Jambulingam