Timeline and qualifications
- Graduated in 1999
- Completed his CCT in General Surgery
- Undertook a national fellowship in Bariatric Surgery at the Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton, one of the premier bariatric centres in the UK
- Experienced in benign Upper GI Surgery, Bariatric surgery and resectional surgery for oesophago-gastric cancers
- Published over 50 manuscripts and co-authored several book chapters. Invited as a faculty member to numerous international bariatric conferences. View publications
- Awarded numerous international and national prizes for clinical research
- Principal investigator for a randomised control trial comparing medical therapy vs bariatric surgery in patients with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension. The outcome from this trial is expected to determine the best treatment for these patients
- Principal Investigator for the By band Sleeve trial at HEFT, an NIHR funded portfolio study that compares the outcomes between the 3 commonly performed bariatric procedures. It is the largest trial on bariatric surgery in the world
- Leading an observational study looking into the impact of bariatric surgery on reduction of malignant transformation in obese patients with endometrial hyperplasia.
- Has ongoing research interests in the metabolic effects of bariatric surgery on patients with diabetes
Book a consult
Your quote is waiting for you. Complete the form below to receive your free personalised quote today.